Susan Boyle reveals jaw-dropping, radical transformation as 'a new era starts' for recently reclusive star

Britain's Got Talent breakout Susan Boyle revealed a radical transformation ahead of "a new era."

Entertainment Weekly Susan Boyle on 'Britain's Got Talent' in 2009Credit: ITV

Key Points

  • The star wiped her Instagram account and revealed new images of herself after a jaw-dropping makeover.

  • Boyle revealed that she had a stroke in 2022 and took a hiatus from public life for a short period.

Susan Boyleapparently dreamed a dream of turning heads as she debuted a jaw-dropping, radical transformation ahead of a new chapter in her career.

TheBritain's Got Talentbreakout wiped her Instagram account and debuted a series of photos on Wednesday that marked a physical evolution for the singer.

"A new era starts tomorrow," the 65-year-old teased in a caption for the photos, which she also indicated were part of an ad.

In the images, Boyle can be seen wearing a sharp blonde wig, chic sunglasses, and a long, fuzzy coat as she walks on the street.

Boyle sported the wig in another photo among the set, posing in front of a recording microphone inside a music studio in the rest of the images.

Entertainment Weeklyhas attempted to reach Boyle's team for comment on what the star teased in her Instagram post.

Stars and media personalities commented on Boyle's post, withRuPaul's Drag Race UKstar Baga Chipz commenting, "The queen of music is back!"

Advertisement

Another user wrote that "Anna Wintour better sleep with one eye open!" after Boyle's fashion-forward transformation.

After rising to global stardom with her headline-makingBritain's Got Talentaudition in 2009, Boyle went on to become a successful recording artist, with her debut album selling more than 9 million copies worldwide.

Though she's steadily released music ever since, Boyle revealed that she had a stroke in 2022, and returned to television the following year after a brief hiatus.

Susan Boyle in October 2025Credit: Ian West/PA Images via Getty

In June 2023, she once again took to theBritain's Got Talentstage, where she sang alongside theLes MisérablesWest End cast for another rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream," the song that made her famous 14 years prior.

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

Boyle told the audience that it "feels great" to be back on stage performing, before announcing news of her stroke.

"It's actually special for me, because last April, I suffered a minor stroke," she said at the time. "I fought like crazy to get back on stage, and I have done it."

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Susan Boyle reveals jaw-dropping, radical transformation as 'a new era starts' for recently reclusive star

Britain's Got Talent breakout Susan Boyle revealed a radical transformation ahead of "a new era." Key Points ...
The Steam Deck’s brutal price hike is another crisis for the video game industry

Much like everything nowadays, video games have become an expensive hobby to keep. Prices for current generation games continue to rise, with regular editionstopping out at $70for certain games. The PlayStation 5 recently underwenta major price hikethat saw a $200 increase to its PS5 Pro model, which when released in November 2024 wasone of the most expensive consoles ever.

USA TODAY

And now, Valve has jumped into the mix with its own massive price hike, as the company announced on Wednesday that the popular Steam Deck handheld will have its own $200-plus increase starting immediately.

"Steam Deck OLED is back in stock, with a price increase for both models due to rising memory and storage costs," Valve saidon the Steam store page."Steam Deck itself hasn't changed; these new prices reflect the current state of component costs and other global logistical challenges across the industry as a whole. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes."

The Steam Deck previously had three models, but the original LCD model released in 2022 wasdiscontinued in Decemberin favor of the two OLED editions. Both OLED editions have increased in price with this recent news.

Advertisement

This price hike is yet another blow to gamers and the video game industry as a whole.Hardware prices have skyrocketedthanks to the AI boom, with the biggest pain points the increasing prices of storage (such as SSDs) and memory (RAM) alongside the lack of supply. In response, many companies have increased prices to compensate, but those price hikes have caused hardware sales toreach a 35-year lowas gamers tighten their belts thanks to the overall state of the economy.

No one is safe from these price increases it seems. Even the unflappable Nintendo hasslightly increasedthe price of the Switch 2 recently due to the "impact of various changes in market conditions".

It's a bad sign all around if you're a video game enjoyer and it doesn't seem like this crisis will be ending anytime soon.

This article originally appeared on For The Win:Valve's Steam Deck price increase is a brutal blow for gaming industry

The Steam Deck’s brutal price hike is another crisis for the video game industry

Much like everything nowadays, video games have become an expensive hobby to keep. Prices for current generation games continue to rise...
Chelsea Handler Reveals She and the Younger ‘Cowboy’ Boyfriend She Met in Vegas Broke Up After 6 Months

Chelsea Handler revealed that she and the younger man she met at a Las Vegas blackjack table have called it quits after about six months together

People Credit: Chelsea Handler/Instagram

NEED TO KNOW

  • "That was a really fun, like, adventure. We had a great five, six months together," Handler shared on Let's Be Honest with Kristen Cavallari

  • Handler shared that she prefers casual romances and has no desire to be part of a “unit” or traditional couple at this stage of her life

Chelsea Handlerand her "cowboy" have gone their separate ways.

While appearing onLet’s Be Honest with Kristin Cavallari, the comedian, 51, opened up about hermost recent relationshipwith a younger man whose identityshe has kept private, revealing that the romance ended after roughly six months.

Despite the split, Handler said there are no hard feelings between them — she simply isn’t interested in pursuing a long-term relationship at this stage of her life.

"The last guy I was dating, I met him in Vegas at a blackjack table. That was a really fun, like, adventure," Handler said. "We had a great five, six months together."

Chelsea Handler and her 'cowboy.'Credit: Chelsea Handler/Instagram

According to Handler, the breakup was amicable — and largely driven by her own lack of interest in pursuing a long-term relationship. The comedian admitted that around the six-month mark, she typically feels ready to move on, explaining that’s her “timeline” until the initial “buzz” wears off.

Even though the romance has ended, Handler said she and her ex remain friends. Because the relationship was casual from the start, she believes maintaining a friendship is possible.

“Maybe I’ll see him again, maybe we’ll fool around again,” she said, noting that she simply doesn’t want the expectations that come with defining the relationship.

Advertisement

Handler also clarified that publicly sharing photos of her “cowboy” earlier this year wasn’t meant to signal anything especially serious. "I post guys all the time that I'm dating," she explained. "I'm not posting them saying, 'this is my boyfriend.' It's like, who I'm spending time with."

At this stage of her life, Handler said she’s not interested in a committed, long-term partnership. Instead, she prefers relationships that remain lighthearted and uncomplicated.

"I am not a long-term person. I'm not interested in anything that comes after the six-month relationship mark," Handler admitted, "I'm not interested in dealing with your family or your issues. I am not interested."

Chelsea Handler and her 'cowboy.'Credit: Chelsea Handler/Instagram

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

"I don't want to be part of a unit. I want to have a good, sexy affair. I don't want to be a couple," she added.

Ideally, Handler would welcome a connection with a person who doesn't live nearby — "someone who I see probably, like, every two weeks" — and who's willing to travel with her. A large part of her interest in someone hinges on their ability to go on "fun trips," she said.

Read the original article onPeople

Chelsea Handler Reveals She and the Younger ‘Cowboy’ Boyfriend She Met in Vegas Broke Up After 6 Months

Chelsea Handler revealed that she and the younger man she met at a Las Vegas blackjack table have called it quits after about six month...

 

BLUE MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com